Conduct a Sock Drive
Conducting a sock drive is a fun activity and a great way to raise awareness of the plight of the homeless and the health issues they have often due to poor podiatric hygiene because they lack something as basic as a pair of new, clean socks.
Sock drives can be hosted by schools, churches, synagogues, workplaces, sports teams and any organization concerned about those experiencing homelessness.
In hosting sock drives, some organizations engage in a friendly competition during the course the drive to see which group will donate the most socks, for example:
- 1st and 2nd grade versus 3rd and 4th
- Middle School versus Upper School
- One college residence hall versus another
- One workplace department versus another
You get the idea. And everybody wins – especially those experiencing homelessness.
Interested in Conducting a Sock Drive?
- First, please call or email The Joy of Sox to notify us of your drive. A member of our Joy of Sox Team will be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions you might have. Click here to go to our contact page. We’d love to hear from you and discuss your plans.
- This year, because of COVID-19, we are offering different options for conducting a sock drive:
If you are Not in the Tri-State – How to find shelters in your area
If you are conducting a sock drive with The Joy of Sox and want to donate the socks where you are located here are two website we’ve found that can help you locate shelters in your area:
When you click on the links you will leave our website and be taken to theirs. We feel that the directories are legitimate, but since we do not maintain them we cannot vouch for their accuracy.
If you encounter any problems please contact us.